Crispy Cauliflower Popcorn Recipe: A Healthy Alternative to KFC Popcorn Chicken
Cauliflower popcorn recipe? Healthy KFC chicken? you ask, well read on. Eating KFC popcorn chicken is a distant dream it’s now all about the cauliflower popcorn. It’s not the green juice gulping human saying that but the “adult” who may have finally learnt that you will NEVER feel good after FKC, not saying haven’t tried to prove this wrong, hundreds of times. That’s why you need to give this recipe a go.
This recipe for is so delicious you will find yourselves 4 g&t’s down on a Friday night, telling your new best friend at the in the toilets about it and the benefits of cauliflower.
I made a healthier version of the dipping sauce with yoghurt instead of mayo, e you need to balance you the excessive consumption of other delicious foods such as blue cheese and baguettes
The fact this cauliflower popcorn actually tastes like KFC popcorn chicken will actually confuse your brain, tummy and mind, it still does for us.
When others find it’s actually cauliflower instead of chicken they will be stocked and amazing at this healthy alternative. You may be confused with who you can create popcorn chicken without chicken. However, have faith and read on you are going to love cauliflower popcorn.
The secret ingredient of cauliflower tastes nothing of it when cooked and has the same texture of chicken. The cauliflower popcorn option goes well as a side dish or main event.
All you need is a head of cauliflower, two eggs, 1 cup of panko bread crumbs(essential item) and a few herbs and spices!
Cauliflower Popcorn Recipe
Baked Cauliflower Popcorn
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 Large Eggs Whisked
- 1 Tsp Smoky Papika
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat oven to 200C. Dip cauliflower pieces in egg and then roll in panko until fully coated and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You will need to use your fingers to press on the coating to help it to stick to the cauliflower bites. Repeat until all cauliflower is coated.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until coating is a dark golden brown and crunchy.
- While the cauilflower is cooking make the sauce. Add the Hoisin to the Greek Yogurt and stir until combined, chill when finished.
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- Combine & chill until ready to eat.
The Nut Butter Hub http://thenutbutterhub.com/
Let us know what you think below of the cauliflower popcorn
If you’re after something sweet and healthy now, check out Salted Caramel Almond Nut Butter